When I saw this list, I thought that these were not only 20 time management lessons for everyone in their 20's, but good tips for any busy person, including myself.
1. There's always time. Time is priorities.
2. Days always fill up faster than you'd expect.
3. Work more when you're in the zone. Relax when you're not.
4. Stop multitasking. It kills your focus.
5. We're always more focused and productive with limited
6. Work is the best way to get working. Start with small
tasks to get the ball rolling.
7. Work iteratively. Expectations to do things perfectly are
8. More work hours doesn't mean more productivity. Use
constraints as opportunities.
9. Separate brainless and strategic tasks to become more
10. Organize important meetings early in the day. Time
leading up to an event is often wasted.
11. Schedule meetings and communication by email or phone
back-to-back to create blocks of uninterrupted work.
12. Work around procrastination. Procrastinate between
intense sprints of work.
13. Break down a massive task into manageable blocks.
14. No two tasks ever hold the same importance. Always
prioritize. Be really careful with to-do lists.
15. Always know the one thing you really need to get done
during the day.
16. Delegate, and learn to make use of other people.
17. Turn the page on yesterday. Only ever think about today
18. Set deadlines for everything. Don't let tasks go on
19. Always take notes.
20. Write down any unrelated thoughts that pop up when
you're in the zone, so that they don't linger as distractions.
Posted on Fri, May 23, 2014
by Mike Fair filed under